Top 10 Outdoor Activities in Osceola County
For the past year, most families have been spending a great deal of time inside. Here are some suggested actives to get out of the house in a safe socially distanced manner.
- Explore the Disney Wilderness Preserve. This is is an 11,500-acre nature reserve near Kissimmee, Florida. They are open Wednesday – Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm; Saturday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. The address is 2700 Scrub-Jay Trail, Poinciana, FL 34759. Free
- Take a stroll in Lakefront Park in downtown Kissimmee. This park has two playgrounds, walking paths, boat slips, and picnic pavilions. Lots of events take place in this park. It is open 7 AM-10 PM. The address is 201 Lakeview Dr, Kissimmee, FL 3474. Free
- Check out Peghorn Nature Park. This is a 58-acre park sporting a nature trail and garden. In one part, their is a replica of a pioneer village with a schoolhouse. Lots of events take place here. Their hours are 8 AM-6 PM. They closed on Sunday. The address is 2101 Peghorn Way, St Cloud, FL 34769. Free
- If you want a short hike next to a beautiful creek. Check out, Shingle Creek. It is located behind a middle school. The hours vary. The address is 13400 Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, FL 32837. Free
- If you would like to check out some animals go to Wild Florida. This zoo has playgrounds, presentations, and a boardwalk. The hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday. Closed Sunday. The address is 3301 Lake Cypress Rd Kenansville, FL 34739. It costs $12 Adult and $9 Child.
- If you are looking for a more urban adventure, take a stroll in Old Town. This place is a retro street. It features shops and restaurants from a bygone era. The hours are Friday through Sunday 11 AM- 11 PM, Monday-Thursday 11 AM-9 PM. The address is 5770 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746. Free
- Want to experience some culture and history? Check out Pioneer Village. It is composed of authentic buildings that stood in Osceola County over 200 years ago. The hours are Open Wednesday – Sunday 10 am – 4 pm. The address is 2491 Babb Rd. Kissimmee FL 34746. $8.00 adults $4.00 children.
- If you are up for a short walk and a beautiful educational experience head over to the Wat Florida Dhammaram. It is a gorgeous Buddhist monastery in Kissimmee, Florida. The hours vary. The address is 2421 Old Vineland Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746. Free
- If you just want to stroll around and look at shops and see lego creatures, stop by Disney Springs. It is an outdoor dining and entertainment complex. Although they are probably being cautious with the entertainment at the moment. The hours are 10 AM-10 PM seven days a week. The address is 1486 Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. Free
- If you want to get your hands dirty then try panning for gems at Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures. Parents purchase bags filled with treasures. Then the kids learn how to pan for them. Afterward, parents and kids can check out the Native American village. The hours are 10 AM-5 PM. The address is 2001 E Southport Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746. Cost varies depending on how much treasure you wish to buy. The minimum cost is $8.00.
Macaroni Kid Kissimmee-Saint Cloud is a FREE weekly online newsletter and website dedicated to covering the best kid and family-friendly events, activities, and businesses in Osceola County. If you would like to receive our free weekly, subscribe here!